• Philips will be announcing the expansion of its SmartSleep suite of solutions during CES 2019. Through its innovative SmartSleep solutions, Philips is aiming to make good sleep accessible for everyone by using nearly 40 years of deep clinical expertise in sleep technology.
• Introduced for the first time at CES 2018, Philips SmartSleep Deep sleep headband became Philips catalyst technology
• The SmartSleep suite of solutions is made up of existing Philips products – including the SmartSleep Deep Sleep Headband (formerly SmartSleep) and the SmartSleep Sleep and Wake-Up Light (formerly Somneo Connected) – and during CES 2019, Philips will be showcasing three new additions: SmartSleep Snoring Relief Band, SmartSleep Better Sleep Program, and SmartSleep Analyzer.
• Beyond these product debuts, during CES 2019, Philips will also be announcing several partnerships with brands that place value in clinical expertise and evidence-based care. We can not provide more details at this time, but if you are able, would welcome you to join the press conference at 8 a.m. PT on January 9th in suite 29-227 at the Venetian Hotel, either in person or via a remote viewing link that we will provide shortly.
Philips is proud to be offering a sneak peek
Philips SmartSleep Snoring Relief Band
Philips Smart Sleep Snoring Relief Band is derived from clinical positional therapy designed to provide quieter nights for snorers and their bedpartners, leading to better sleep by adjusting a person’s sleeping habits over time. The small, discreet sensor is worn in a soft band around one’s chest and continuously measures sleep behavior to prevent the wearer from turning onto their back. It detects the position
• Philips SmartSleep Snoring Relief Band is derived from clinical positional therapy that has proven effective to reduce snoring in 5 clinical studies.12345
• Philips SmartSleep Snoring Relief Band is proven to improve snoring, leading to better sleep for snorers and bedpartners1,3
1 2017 crossover trial
2 Philips Home User Trial 2018, SRC AI Slient Night 2018 10116 Protocol v2.0 5 APR 2018 redline, SRC AI Silent Night 2018 10116 Recruitment Screener Rev 2.0_04.13.2018_Approved
3 L. Benoist-A. Beelen-B. Torensma-N. Vries – https://doi.org/10.1007/s00405-018-5036-y
4 van Maanen 2013, Dieltjens 2014, Eijsvogel 2015, Benoist 2017, & de Ruiter 2017
5 H Nakano-T Ikeda-M Hayashi-E Ohshima-A Onizuka – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12683476
• A customized and personalized sleep position trainer with self-adaptive technology designed for lasting results3
Philips SmartSleep Better Sleep Program
Philips has partnered with SleepRate to build the SmartSleep Better Sleep Program. The program re-trains sleep habits to help users fall asleep faster and stay asleep with sustainable results and does so with a 30-day money back guarantee.
Using a smartphone and the user’s wearable sleep tracking device, the Better sleep program starts with an evaluation of your sleep habits and environment, which will then be used to create a customized and personalized program to help you solve your sleep challenges. The Philips SmartSleep Better Sleep program tools are designed to keep you motivated during every step of the way and give you sustainable results.
• Philips SmartSleep Better Sleep Program helps users to fall asleep faster and stay asleep through the night.
• Philips Better Sleep Program includes additional Philips-specific content and behavioral support to help boost program adherence and build confidence.
• Rooted in the principles of clinical cognitive behavioral therapy, Philips Better Sleep Program is a customized and personalized program that helps to retrain sleep habits for sustainable results.
Philips SmartSleep Analyzer
The clinically validated6 SmartSleep Analyzer provides personal analysis of users’ sleep based on a brief, online questionnaire and delivers results immediately upon completion to identify sleep challenges and recommend solutions personalized to the user.
• SmartSleep Analyzer is the only clinically proven method for identifying specific sleep needs7.
• SmartSleep Analyzer was developed in collaboration with sleep physicians, specialists and researchers to identify the most common sleep challenges. Philips Chief Scientific Officer and Global Lead for Behavior Change closely with scientists and researchers from the Alertness CRC, an Australian-based research collaborative focused on sleep.
• The online triage tool quickly assesses sleep and lifestyle habits, then provides personalized feedback, insights and recommendations of clinically validated1 solutions from Philips SmartSleep and our partners to help address sleep challenges in under ten minutes.
6 ER 2236335: Final Study Report, VISC-Q Trial Validation of an Online Sleep Characterization Questionnaire
7 ER 2236335: Final Study Report, VISC-Q Trial Validation of an Online Sleep Characterization Questionnaire