While each state and facility have their own mandates and schedules for re-opening or expanding services that have been severely reduced during this unprecedented time, all sleep centers are currently working toward providing safe care for their patients.
Sleep center managers and thought leaders in sleep technology from around the nation will convene a Townhall on May 26, 2020 to discuss some ideas on how to provide a safe environment for our staff and our patients in the sleep center. They will discuss strategies that sleep centers are using or planning to operate safely, provide some suggestions for screening patients and staff, discuss COVID-19 pre-testing strategies for sleep patients, and provide tips on how to maintain a clean environment in the sleep center.
This online discussion is for sleep center managers and staff who wish to avail themselves of some of the many ways sleep organizations are striving to keep their staff and patients safe during the sleep diagnosis, testing and follow-up process. Presenters will also discuss future opportunities for sleep centers, such as utilizing telehealth for new and established patients and provide a glimpse at what new opportunities that these uncertain times may offer for CCSH staff. Join us for an informative and thought-provoking session.
Attendee questions may be addressed if time allows. Sign in early to assure you can connect for this practical and timely offering.
- Discuss the preparatory steps that sleep centers are taking to manage patient and staff safety in light of COVID-19
- Review staff concerns and discuss ways to mitigate concerns by making a plan that addresses patient screening and staff protection
- Discuss methods to address infection control needs for safety of staff, equipment and the environment
- Explore new and innovative ways to interact with and care for patients using telehealth and technologist education skills
- Derive support from your AAST community
- Brendan Duffy, RPSGT, RST, CCSH
- George Evans, RPSGT, RST
- Julie DeWitte, RCP, RPSGT, RST
- Karin Johnson, MD
- Laura Linley, CRT, RPSGT, FAAST
- Mike Furgason, RPSGT, RST, CCSH
- Melinda Trimble, LRCP, RPSGT, RST, FAAST
- Rita Brooks, MEd, RPSGT, REEG/EPT, FAAST
- Kevin A Asp, CRT, RPSGT
An AAST account is required to register for this event. If you do not have an AAST account, you can create a free account by clicking here or find frequently asked questions here.
(AAST Members will be able to claim 1 CEC by passing a short knowledge assessment within 1-week of the live event. AAST Members only will receive notice when the recording and assessment are available in the AAST Learning Center following the event.)
An AAST member account or guest account is required to register for this event. You do not need to be a member of the AAST to attend.
AAST Members – please login and continue with free registration. If your email address is not recognized, please contact AAST at email@example.com and we can assist with you.
AAST Non-Members – in order to register for this event, you will need a free AAST account. If you do not have a free guest account, please create a free guest account by selecting the option above, “Register Someone Else”. If you are an AAST Non-Member and already have an AAST Guest account, please login and continue with registration above. If your email address is not recognized, please contact AAST at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can assist with you.
For questions or concerns about your event registration, please contact email@example.com