Award application open: January 13, 2021
Application close: February 22, 2021
The AASM and SRS are pleased to present the inaugural 2021 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Leadership Award. The award recipient will be an individual (member or non-member) who has made significant contributions to the field of sleep medicine and/or sleep and circadian science in one or more of the following areas:
- Working to increase the diversity, equity and inclusion of sleep medicine providers (including trainees, technologists, etc.) and/or sleep and circadian scientists
- Developing sleep-related educational programs targeted to diverse providers, researchers, trainees, or patient populations, including bias awareness training
- Research or clinical work aimed at reducing sleep health disparities in diverse populations
The term “diversity” may be broadly applied and not restricted to racial or gender diversity.
If you are interested in nominating yourself or a colleague, please be prepared to submit:
- Online nomination form
- Letter of support from an individual familiar with the nominee’s work improving diversity, equity and inclusion that highlights the nominee’s qualifications and efforts in the three areas described above
- Curriculum vitae, bio-sketch or resume
- Optional materials: additional statement, letter of support or samples of programs/work done
The award will be presented during the annual SLEEP Meeting in June 2021. The recipient will also receive complimentary registration for SLEEP, a commemorative plaque, recognition in SLEEP meeting materials, and an opportunity to discuss their diversity, equity and inclusion activities. The recipient will be notified in March and their selection will be announced in an APSS press release.
Nomination applications open on January 13
Questions? Please contact DITaskforce@aasm.org