Vitalograph® is delighted to announce that their highly portable, lightweight, all-in-one desktop spirometer and printer is now available in the USA.
The next-generation Alpha Spirometer, with integrated printer, is a lightweight and durable tool for accurate respiratory diagnosis of both adults and pediatrics.
Capture reliable test results immediately with Alpha’s Fleisch measuring technology, which is extremely accurate and stable over time. Designed for testing on the go, remotely, or in a clinic, the Alpha is the ultimate desktop spirometry solution.
Crucially, compliance with the 2019 ATS/ERS spirometry guidelines ensures that all respiratory diagnostics carried out are in line with international standards for accuracy and reporting.
Vitalograph’s Executive Vice President of Sales & Operations for North America, Troy Pridgeon said: “It is very exciting and great timing to have another next-generation product available just as many healthcare sites are looking to reopen spirometry testing in the wake of the pandemic. COVID has kept patients with lung diseases and those that work around known respiratory hazards untested for as long as two years in some cases. The Alpha is a great solution to catch that up and help ensure that one health crisis doesn’t create another.”
Features of the New Alpha include:
- Meets 2019 ATS/ERS standardization of spirometry guidelines.
- 7” high-resolution touch screen and new user interface.
- Supports full feature spirometry testing and bronchodilator responsiveness testing with over 50 available parameters.
- Highly accurate, robust, and stable Fleisch flow measuring technology with no moving parts.
- Integrated thermal printer.
- Low running costs & environmentally friendly: no need for costly disposable sensors, turbines of flow tubes.
- Test safely and save both time and money, by using Vitalograph Bacterial Viral Filters (BVF™) with validated cross-contamination efficiency >99.999%, protecting the device, patient, and operator.
- Real-time curves and new incentive animations encourage optimal subject performance.
- Instant quality feedback using the latest test/session acceptability, usability, and repeatability criteria.
- HL7 and GDT integration to your EMR via Vitalograph Connect™
- 5 Year Warranty and SpiroTutor™, the new online training resource for clinicians included.